Saturday, December 24, 2005

Joy To The World

I swear this is the best christmas ever. God is truly good. He has not forsaken me and he will never.

I have landed myself a job at Estee Lauder M.A.C. Even though the pay may not be as much as what I was receiving at Skateline, I'm pretty sure I'll have a blast. Make-up is SO my thing. I never really mentioned about M.A.C because I didn't want to set my hopes too high. I was afraid of disappointment. But my God did not disappoint me at all. :)

I went for the M.A.C interview while I was still at Skateline. Even though I was totally under qualified for the job, I passed the first test. I have no retail experience, no make-up cert, or experience in the cosmetic industry. But I have the favor of God. The interviewer, Seok Hua, liked me so much that she put me through immediately for the make-up test. She even gave me loads of tips for the test.

I went for the makeup test last Tues with Melissa Low as my model. I didn't now if I made the mark until yesterday. I got a call from Seok Hua and she told me that I passed the test! In fact I was the only one who passed the make-up test that day. The other candidates didn't make it. It really is the grace and favor of God. Like HELLO? The other girls all have make- up certs or experience ok.

I was just thinking that a person as horrid and rotten as me doesn't deserve all these but God doesn't see it that way. I am really blessed. First it was MTV, then Skateline and now M.A.C. Seok Hua told me that both she and Celestine like my attitude and she thinks that I can go far in this industry. She told me that she wants to groom me. Even though I have to start from scratch I know it's gonna be worth it.

So all you M.A.C. fans please come buy your M.A.C products from me. Haha.. I will update you guys on where I'll be stationed. Come find me ok!

Have a blessed Christmas filled with love, joy and laughter.

XOXO

5 comments
Comments:
CONGRATULATIONS MEL! This is so great. One good news after another. First driving, now the job. Am so happy for you. Will go hunt you down whenever I need my makeup done. :p And please remember, you're not rotten or horrid. You're one of the most genuine people I know. And that is a beauty in itself! :)
 
Are you SERIOUS! We will work in the same building then! Let's do lunch together!
 
that is fucking fantastic!!!woo hoo!!!!!
:D
im back by the way
letitia
 
I totally loveeeeeeeeeee MAC! Congrats!
 
leititia: call me! or drop me a text u whore.

silverwingsiren: cool.. next time u're around a mac counter drop by to say hi! haha.. er.. after the first week of feb cos i start work only then.. haha..
 
Post a Comment