Rojak
All these mixed feeling just swarming around me. I definitely don’t relish such moments.
I did it. I tendered my resignation letter. This Sunday will be my last day. Yes, Sunday. I work on Sundays. Not on shifts mind you, the whole freaking day! ARGH.
I know that I will not be happy if I stay on in the Public Relations Industry. I would much rather earn less in a job I have the passion for, then earn more in a job I hate and lose myself. The reaction that I received from certain people weren’t very comforting.
However, I am fortunate that I have the support of my friends and family. I’m very thankful for them. For the things that they have done for me. For not judging me even though I think that I’m so pathetic for quitting my job. For the encouragements and words of love and concern. For my dad who picked me up during my lunch break and drove me back and fro for interviews at Estee Lauder. For my mom who cooks my favorite dishes when I get home from work. For my brother who told me to pursue my dreams & prayed for me. For everyone who stood by me.
I’m frightened. But I know that this is just a transition that everyone must go through. As much as I wished that I can stay a kid forever, that is not going to happen. It’s great to be a kid- no worries, free as a bird. From a baby to a child to a teenager to an adult. Certain obligations and responsibilities come with this. It really sucks but this is life. What to do?
One thing that keeps me going is the message that Pearl the Cweets send to me, “ His strength is made perfect in my weakness.” So beautiful isn’t it?
Upon tendering my resignation, my manager (she’s super sporty & freakin’ capable I swear) tried to entice me to stay on in the company. She tempted me with the opportunities to snowboard abroad. She praised me saying that I have a flair for marcom & events and that I shouldn’t just give up. Well, none of these stirred up anything in me. I have decided to pursue my passion. And my decision is final.
Thank you Jesus for keeping me strong & holding my hand throughout. I am greatly blessed, highly favored, deeply loved.
