Monday, December 05, 2005

Missing the gym

Upon entering the working world, I realised how important the gym is to me.

For the times that I've been at work, I discovered that I really miss working out in the mornings.
I miss bitching with Ben- dissing those Loser Kings (LK for short) who are fat and still shamelessly parade around the gym in tiny singlets, acting all high & mighty.
I miss Christina's classes- checking out her 6 pecs and just basking in her motivating presence.
I miss all the tai tais who treats me like a baby- them pinching my cheeks and stroking my hair.
I miss the morning crowd- the friendly girls, quiet gays and David Mercer.
I miss my morning ice grande americano with an extra shot- Starbucks Coffee rock the most.

The only thing that pulls me through the day at work is knowing that I can be at the gym after. The gym is my haven.

I cannot believe how much I enjoy working out. I really love it. From the bottom of my heart.

CryBaby

This morning as I switched on the computer and waited for Microsoft Office to load, I started crying. I don't know what's gotten into me. Tears just started flowing. I wanted so much to quit my job there & then but didn't have the guts to.

I went straight to the Ladies and made a couple of calls. It was a sucky day for me as usual. I guess I'm really not cut out to be in the public relations industry.

Emeline, my manager, sensed that something was not quite right with me. She asked me into the office and insisted that I tell her what was wrong. I did. Thank goodness she was nice about it. Later that day, the director Felix asked me into the office also. He said that he knew that I was not quite myself since last week. I told him what I told Emeline, about my consideration of leaving this job. He was really opened about it. Well, I've got many things to do now. Will blog more when I'm free.

1 comments
Comments:
*BIG HUG* Mel, I say follow your heart. We're all young and will have a lot of chances. Life is too short to spend being unhappy.
 
Post a Comment