If I cherish every tear that comes and if I may cry seemingly for nothing, it's only because it reminds me that I'm alive.
If I plug the music into my ears and blast it out loud, it's only because I don't want to hear what's going around me.
If I wish I was born with no blood kin binding me down, it's only because I feel I can only be free when I've nothing to lose and am unafraid to risk it all.
If I refuse to be taken in by that lie they call love, it's only because I've lived too many lies and now I know better.
If sometimes I long to be loved, it's only because I need to know I'm worthy of love, no matter how big the lie.
If I write and write and mock my own words when I'm done, it's only because I find, yet again, that there is no freedom to be found in expression.
