I'm too tired to come up with a title for this entry. It's been almost a week since I've touched the computer. The past few days have been crazy. It's been gym in the mornings at 7 and work till 10 at night. By the time I get home and onto bed it's past midnight.. phew..
Standing for 8 over hours in killer heels is no joke. My feet is still sore and it feels numb most of the time. Anyone knows where to get comfy but 'hot' looking BLACK shoes?? It seems like sexy & comfy footwear don't exist.
Anyway, I'm station at CK Tang M.A.C. for another week before going for an intensive one week training at Estee Lauder.. There will be a reshuffling and I may be stationed somewhere else, I don't know.. Hopefully I get to stay on at CK Tang.
I won't be earning any commission just yet because I'm still under training. M.A.C will only give me a target to hit after my week's training at HQ. But it's cool because I love helping people shop for their make-up, testing colors on them.. basically just helping them look more marvellous. :)
Some of my friends who saw me were shocked that I was working at the counter (I'm NOT refering to you chickpea aka eyeliner loser.. hee hee). I've received hurtful comments like:
"why did you quit your PR job to work here? This job is for people who cannot study you know.."
"The pay very good meh? Why you wanna be sales girls issit?"..
"You were holding a executive position leh.. now you've become a sales girl.."
The comments did get to me initially but I've realised that for the past week I have been very happy. I may be tired physically but so far I've never felt that going to the counter everyday is work. I'm actually doing something that I really enjoy.. & I don't regret resigning from the PR job at all.
Sure it may seemed like there are no prospects in this field but I believe that with time and passion, I will be able to build a list of clientele. Who knows? I could become a famous makeup artist one day. There's nothing my God cannot do for me.
Well, those people who do not believe in me and actually belittled me because of my job are not my real friends anyway. I just wanna say thank you to my dear dear friends who stuck by me and gave me their full support when I got this job. It wasn't easy getting in M.A.C and I will perservere no matter what.
More updates when I'm less tired. Right now I just need some sleep.. Oh yes, Muscle War was pretty boring today.. & Congratulation to Daniel Zhang for getting 3rd place.. I actually thought he would come in 2nd.. Something is wrong with the judges.
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ..........
Saturday, January 21, 2006
15 comments
Comments:
Glad to see you happy with ur job, but I was at CK tangs today le, why didn't I see you??
I need to replenish my blusher & some eyeshadows badly...HELP!!!
-Angel, not the Ah Lian-
I need to replenish my blusher & some eyeshadows badly...HELP!!!
-Angel, not the Ah Lian-
Haha, your job allows you to beautify the world (ok, starting from chinky-pore), that's part of the reason you're loving it aye? Its a very noble professional, you just have to work on your urge to be a mardi-gras participant wannabe. Anyways, it's not my fault that those tiny eyeliners fall out of my bags so easily! Doesn't help that only MAC eyeliner works for me so far. So expensive :(
Angel: I was off on Saturday.. that's why I could go watch Muscle War.. will be off on wed and the 1st, 2nd and 3rd day of CNY.. YAY! :)
chickpea: that's because MAC eyeliners are fucking good ok... haha.. so it's worth every cent. heehee...
chickpea: that's because MAC eyeliners are fucking good ok... haha.. so it's worth every cent. heehee...
hi babe!! glad to hear u're happy at MAC! gasp! i was hopin u got the CK Tangs MAc. i dont know.. its like the nicest MAC to be right? i dont know. anyway MAC rocks. did u know MAC is from canada? (ok hope tt is right) its cheaper here so i dont need ur discounts baah! and i think being a MAC girl rocks. so hang in there n hold ur beautiful head high. some one's moving into her late 20's soon! heh. miss u n love you. -smoochies (virtual ones only)- fiona
Try Tangerine at CK Tangs? Used to have this brand there, the shoes quite comfy (I also stand a lot, so i know your need for comfy shoes)
Hang in there babe... Sales job not easy. The work is not that tough - it's usually the mental block thats tough... but you;ll do well with Jesus wih you! :)
Hang in there babe... Sales job not easy. The work is not that tough - it's usually the mental block thats tough... but you;ll do well with Jesus wih you! :)
fiona: hey fi.. been wanting to come online to chat with you but i'm really very tired at the end of everyday..
of course i know that MAC is from Canada.. like DUH.. anyway I'm at Tangs but a new MAC is opening soon. I reckon it's gonna be better than the one at TANGS.. the location is wonderful. MY GAWD. I hope they transfer me there when it opens but I heard that they only want senior artists there... and i'm a freaking baby in the company.. sigh.. WHATEVER. haha
muaks... love ya..
janice: AMEN. i will shine for Him. :)
of course i know that MAC is from Canada.. like DUH.. anyway I'm at Tangs but a new MAC is opening soon. I reckon it's gonna be better than the one at TANGS.. the location is wonderful. MY GAWD. I hope they transfer me there when it opens but I heard that they only want senior artists there... and i'm a freaking baby in the company.. sigh.. WHATEVER. haha
muaks... love ya..
janice: AMEN. i will shine for Him. :)
Hi there,
Happened to stumble on yr blog and seem to find a slightly younger me in you. When i was in poly, i worked with estee lauder for all my 3yrs. And when i was in university, i was a personal trainer. Some people say really discouraging stuff to me but i never got put down. My passion for beauty, fitness and sales pushed me so well, i enjoyed every single bit of work. Today i have graduated with second upper class honors and last month i was Top Producer in Citibank, i got headhunted by local banks already. I am telling you these not to be proud, is to show with you that by putting passion and pride into yr job, it will help you soar to greater heights. When people ask me how i become the Top Producer in such a big bank, i say its all the training as a salesgirl from cosmetics to fitness. I can sell products, fitness services and now financial services. So whenever people put u down, always know that everyone starts from somewhere to move on. Know that u are different. U are a beauty adviser, makeup artist and a sales professional who brings in the profits to pay the salaries of those office executives. Be proud of yrself. Girl Power!
Happened to stumble on yr blog and seem to find a slightly younger me in you. When i was in poly, i worked with estee lauder for all my 3yrs. And when i was in university, i was a personal trainer. Some people say really discouraging stuff to me but i never got put down. My passion for beauty, fitness and sales pushed me so well, i enjoyed every single bit of work. Today i have graduated with second upper class honors and last month i was Top Producer in Citibank, i got headhunted by local banks already. I am telling you these not to be proud, is to show with you that by putting passion and pride into yr job, it will help you soar to greater heights. When people ask me how i become the Top Producer in such a big bank, i say its all the training as a salesgirl from cosmetics to fitness. I can sell products, fitness services and now financial services. So whenever people put u down, always know that everyone starts from somewhere to move on. Know that u are different. U are a beauty adviser, makeup artist and a sales professional who brings in the profits to pay the salaries of those office executives. Be proud of yrself. Girl Power!
anon: hey whoever you are.. thanks for the encouragement.. i will not allow others to put me down.. :)
Hi, happened to come by your blog. I actually work out at the same gym as you, and well, my initial impression of you wasn't that good.
But reading your blog has changed that. Just want to say "go for your dreams". You can live your life only once, so blaze your own trail that will be meaningful to you.
I am trying to realise my ambitions now too, keeping that in mind. So "jia you" to both of us eh?
All the best!
But reading your blog has changed that. Just want to say "go for your dreams". You can live your life only once, so blaze your own trail that will be meaningful to you.
I am trying to realise my ambitions now too, keeping that in mind. So "jia you" to both of us eh?
All the best!
Hiya! Glad to know you love your job. We shoppers need friendly SAs who actually like what they do. Keep us updated on New MAC collections! ;)
nitecherub: hey.. who are you?? morning or night gymmer?
oh dear.. i get that alot.. i don't usually leave a good FIRST impression on pple cos i have a "kuai lan" or "black" (with pun intended- DUH.. hehee) face.. but i'm NOT!! :) haha..
yes 'jia you' to you too! :)
silverwingsiren: the upcoming spring summer collection is absolutely fabulous.. M.A.C has many exciting range for the year of 2006.. the next icon is simply beautiful and classy. check her collection out soon. :)
oh dear.. i get that alot.. i don't usually leave a good FIRST impression on pple cos i have a "kuai lan" or "black" (with pun intended- DUH.. hehee) face.. but i'm NOT!! :) haha..
yes 'jia you' to you too! :)
silverwingsiren: the upcoming spring summer collection is absolutely fabulous.. M.A.C has many exciting range for the year of 2006.. the next icon is simply beautiful and classy. check her collection out soon. :)
Me? Someone who goes to the gym almost everyday, either at Orchard or Bugis. No specific time as it depends on my shift work.
Am tanning now also, so if you see someone who's dark-skinned, that might be me. Haha. =P
Happy CNY btw.
Am tanning now also, so if you see someone who's dark-skinned, that might be me. Haha. =P
Happy CNY btw.
hi mel congratulations on finding a job which you truly enjoy! good seeing you at musclewar and at tangs. happy cny to you and des. the next time i need mac products i know who to look for. a guy can't live without his mascara!
nitecherub:.. ooo mysterious girl aren't you? cool.. i'll try to guess who u r.. :)
daniel: yes mascara for your pretty face and bronzer to emphasized the cut of your muscles. beautiful.
Post a Comment
daniel: yes mascara for your pretty face and bronzer to emphasized the cut of your muscles. beautiful.


