I'm Back Baby!
Yesterday I headed back to MTV to sign some documents. I bumped into Vivien from L&M (lincensing & merchandising) dept at the lift lobby. She told me that she read my resume and asked if I was still looking for a job. L&M has an opening for a marketing executive. I told her that I'm gonna be back at MTV come Monday.( What a sweet girl Vivien is.)YAY! We are officially gonna be colleagues now. I'm no longer the lowly intern.
I was hanging at the break out area, getting myself some coke lite from the vending machine when I saw Charmayne (my ex supervisor). We engaged in some small talk and I told her that I would be start work next week.
Char: I thought you're very busy with something? How come you're looking for a job?
Me: HUH? Ya lah, busy trying to lose weight and suntanning. Hahaha
Char: No no no.. it's something else..
Me: Planning my aunty's wedding?
Char: YES! That's right!
Me: I was busy but the wedding is over so I'm free as a bird..
Char: oh okok. I'm looking for someone to help me out with next year's MAAs (MTV Asia Awards).. you interested?
Me: Er.. I'm gonna help out with Florence with the Vj styling and doing some onair moderating.
Char: Moderating? What's that?
Me: I'm not sure. haha.. I'll be reporting to Malti and Sian I think.
Char: Sian? I'll go find out what's that first.. Gotta go for a meeting now..
Me: k.. talk to you later..
hey, that's 2 job opportunities in less than an hour.. Haha.. I went over to Connie's and told her what happen.. She said that if they were gonna offer me a higher pay, I should jump over. I thought for like 3 seconds and decided that I would rather do the VJ styling and moderating. Met up with Florence, the senior VJ stylist. She was really friendly and I felt comfortable talking to her. No sign of 'bitchiness' or insincerity. She told me that she'll like it if I could go shopping with her on Monday for the VJ's clothes. Haha. COOL. I like the sound of that...
As nervous as I am, I cannot wait to start work. I believe this job opportunity came from God. He is good! I feel so blessed. Woohoooo...
