Missing Debbie
Many nights before I enter lala land, I think of Debbie. I used to call her to annoy her before I sleep. It's a ritual. If I don't piss her off I can't sleep.. Haha.
Now she's in a far away land called Belgium where the best chocolates are produced. Speaking of chocolates, she has yet to send me my box of white chocolates! haha..
I know this is selfish but sometimes I really wished that she never went away. I need her to be around. I miss her comforting words, her soothing voice, her rational behaviour, her motherly instinct. I know I have a real mom.. in fact my xiaoyi is like another mom to me.. But Debbie is like a mommy friend- you know, a friend who is like a mother.. Of course you know. What am I thinking? Hah.
Debbie, if you ever read my blog, I want you to know that I miss you so much! I'm sad that you're not here with me but I'm also happy for you. It's so wonderful that you have this opportunity to get exchange. Can't wait for you to come back and we can hang out at your place, bitch, watch VCDs, EAT, and just be us again. Till the next time we meet, I'll be thinking of you and keeping you in my prayers. Love you. Showering you with my hugs & kisses..
Say My Name
I know that Melissa isn't the prettiest name in the world. And it's also SUPER common. YIKES. What's wrong with my folks? haha..
It's ok that I have a common, unpretty name. But the worst thing is that people don't call me MELISSA. My close friends call me Melyi.. which is fine cos my cousin the big CWEET came up with that! And it stuck with me ever since my high school days.
The people at California take 'bad names calling' to a whole new level. The towel attendents and fitness instructors give me stupid nick names:
- Blackie or 'Xiao hei'- apparently they think I'm too dark for a Chinese
- Nemo- this is dumb but he thinks that I look Nemo. WTF?
- Weiwen- ok that is my chinese name.. BUT I HATE IT! It's a boy's name!
- WWW- sounds like some bloody website
- Godiva- this is my favorite.. haha.. I love chocolates.. besides it sounds more exotic than 'blackie'
- Beautiful or 'Mei nu'- Haha.. I blush at this... sadly only 2 people call me that.. BOOHOO.
Well, whatever it is I'd prefer everyone to call me.. No not melissa.. call me PRINCESS. WAHAHAHAHA.. Ok I think I may have gone MAD. haha.
