Birthday & my official week at M.A.C.
Another year, I'm getting OLD
I was so busy with work that I almost forgot about my birthday. Mom threw a bbq at the swimming pool downstairs.. it was a small celebration with family only. I was so tired from training that I kept quiet most of the time at the bbq. My mouth was solely used for eating...
This year I didn't ask for anything. I don't know why but I just didn't want anything. It was a sweet and wonderful feeling to be surrounded by the people you love. It was more than I could ask for.. Maybe I did change for the better this year as compared to last year when I was more bratty and demanded for this and that.
The entry below was written for my 21st birthday last year. Gosh, I cannot believe what a spoilt bitch I was back then.. :
R21
Birthday Blues - Surprise, Surprise
It seems like I get the birthday blues every year. Which really sucks by the way because I'm suppose to be happy since it's my birthday. Well, this year was NO exception. In fact, i was down with the birthday blues & PMS-ing. WOW. Very lethal.
Xiaoyi came back from Dubai a week before my birthday. She was really caught up with her wedding arrangement.. sigh. BUT she didn't forget about her baby's birthday! :)
I was not in the mood for any big parties- well, I'm not that big a drama queen. I just wanted a small dinner party with family & few friends. About 5 days before the 'big' day, she asked me where I wanted to have my dinner party. For some weird reason I just started crying. "I don't want to celebrate la! It's so stupid. I hate my birthday. Everything's like shit." Ok, I admit it. I'm spoilt to the core... only because she allows it.
Han actually planned for a surprise for my dinner which got ruin along the way because I was always sulking. On the 1st Feb, Xiaoyi suddenly said that dinner was going to be just family. No friends. I felt my face burning. "What? Then forget it. I don't even want to celebrate anymore." After some childish argument, Xiaoyi threw the piece of tissue that she was toying with at me! "Aiya! You suck. Not fun one.. wanted to surprise you with your friends but you had to spoil it."
Opps.
Esmirada?
No.
Marriots?
No.
Goodwood Park?
No.
Raffles Town Club?
No.
Can you decide then? No. I'm very busy. Too much work.
OMG. I can't believe what A MAJOR BITCH I was. In the end, I chose some place at Tanglin Mall called the Oaks Grill & Wine Bar. Reason: Wine + Ostrich & Kangaroo meat + White men hangout
You Jerk! You are officially uninvited to my dinner.
2 Feb. Major birthday blues. Yeeks. It was that time of the month. My hormones were all over the place. Water retention is Lucifer's best friend- Pure EVIL. I hate that time of the month. Period. I was suppose to meet Des but he claimed that he was too tired to see me! In the end he messaged to say that he was meeting his friend for coffee. WHAT? Too tired on the eve of my birthday but still can have coffee with friend? Ok. That was it. I blew my top. I told him to piss off & he better not appear on my birthday.
Back home,I was topless & pinching Tina, my tummy... grumbling about how fat I was that I had no clothes to wear. (I planned to wear my bustier and because I had too much water retention, I settled for my black FCUK dress... sob...) SUDDENLY someone hugged me from behind. It was DES! With a bouquet of lilies. He was waiting at my house swimming pool since 10 for the midnight clock to strike. Ryan saw him there BUT didn't tell me!
Oh My GOD! How sweet is that? I quickly put on my shirt and suddenly my parents, Ryan, Nana, Xiaoyi & Gary came upstairs, into my room singing the birthday song with Ryan playing the guitar. (Thank God I wasn't topless anymore. hurhur.. )It was 12 already. I just stood there and laugh.
"How often does this happen man?" - Nana
Happy Birthday to Me
I skipped school. You get to skip tutorials on your birthday you know. Instead, I attended Kickboxing & Step Workout with RAY. Heee.
Fiona: Why don't you tell Ray it's your birthday and ask him if you can pinch his ass?
Me: Oh yar hor... But I'm shy. hahahhaa
Fiona: later you do that then all those aunties also say it's their birthday..
Xiaoyi & Gary got me a pair of solitaire brilliant- cut diamond earrings. I, being the ungrateful bitch said "I have more than one pair of ear holes. & I'd prefer a bag"
Xiaoyi: But when I asked you if you wanted the Prada or Chanel, you said no.
Me: LV. I want LV.
Xiaoyi: Ok, we'll pop by LV before dinner then.
We went down to LV in the afternoon. I had my eyes on this little one which was like $1100. We scanned Chanel, Gucci, Christian Dior. Nope. I still prefered the LV one. Xiaoyi said that she'll get it from London or Germany- it's cheaper there. I started sulking again. (OMG I can't stand myself. I would so slap myself if I wasn't me) I met Candice & Rongs to walk for abit before dinner. Xiaoyi & Gary went to meet Perlis. Sulk Sulk Sulk.
Ewww, is that a Kangeroo's penis?
Friends & family arrived. Orders were taken. Food was served. Wine was sipped.
Me: Yucks, I don't understand how you all can stand oysters. It's gross.
Candice: Ya man, it looks so er...
Me: Like a vagina..
Fiona: Melissa! It's nice ok.
Candice: What does it taste like?
Me: A vagina?
Des: *whisper in my ear* Your vagina tastes better than oysters.
Me: *smiling* you're sick.
Mel, You're damn spoilt!
During dinner, Gary announced that Mom & Dad had something for me. I was like "What lah?" And I saw it! The black paper bag with Louis Vuitton printed on it! Oh shit! They didn't! I GOT MY LV BAG! hahaha... YAY! The girls bought me a bouquet of lilies too.. and a white leather bag which Han said that it was expensive & I have to use it. DUH. Thank you darling. I love it & I will use it. Been searching for a nice white one but never found it. Des bought me an Eclipse Gucci wallet. Love it too. Now I can ditch my cheap Mango one. Haha.
The cake was brought out after the food.
Han: Wau lau. The waiters are so stupid. Don't know how to light the candles issit?"
Me: Haha.. ya loh..
Han: This cake is from Mezza 9 ok! Actually we wanted to order the Penis cake. But we had to place the order in 5 days advance.
Me: Aw man.. shucks.
Surprise!! Again!
The girls decided to go for drinks after dinner. I wanted coffee instead since I was on medication and the doctor said that the antibiotics may react to alcohol. Like HELLO? I so don't want to look flush on my birthday. So where do we go? Starbucks? I love Starbucks (sorry Al, but I do).. Er.. ok Coffee Club outside California Fitness.. It's 24 hours anyway..
The girls and I made our way to the carpark..
Serene, Sherry, Debbie & Ed: SURPRISE!!
Me: huh? What you doing man?
Serene: hahaha... opps, sorry bad surprise.. hahahaha
All:* Sings Happy Birthday* song
They were so sweet, they arranged candles by the pavement in a heart shape.. well, unfortunately Han and the rest couldn't stall me for long so they had not enough time to prepare. Debbie bought drinks & a diet coke for me! haha... We hang around and played with sparkles till those pervy security guards came to chase us away. We drove down to Coffee Club.. just chilling the night away..
Debbie: Melyi, big girl already ah! can watch R- rated movies..
Me: Haha.. I know man..
Debbie: Now we know how the government set priorities. At 16 it's legal to have sex, 18 we can smoke & drink, 21 we can watch R-rated movies.
Me: hahaha..
Han: Gosh mel, you're so old...
Me: Please la. Mad ah.. you're gonna be 21 too.. I know what to buy for fiona's 21st. A life time supply of rice.. hahahaha... since she loves plain rice so much
Fiona: I don't want..
Feeling so loved...
I had a blast on my 21st. Even though the party wasn't grand or fancy, I was truly happy. Overjoyed that I got to spend that special day with the people I love. Thank you my babies for going through all that trouble to make me happy. I was FUCKING happy. I really enjoyed myself. Especially Han & Debbie who did most of the planning.. I love you all of you girls very much... Oh my god, we are so gorgeous.. hahahaha...
Xiaoyi & Gary were great too, thanks for the diamond earrings & the dinner... Love my family- Ryan gave me a red lace panty which was better than his yearly hugs & kisses.. Love my LV from mom & dad... sorry nana, didn't want your kiss man.. hahahaha & my dear sweet baby, thank you. I love the wallet which you are going to fill up with cash for me... I know you love me. wahahahahahaaaaa.... Well, more parties this weekend, both sat & sun.. man, i'm tired. xoxo
I really did have a blast back then.. Haha.. even though I was unbelievely selfish and spoilt. God, I'm so glad I'm no longer the obnoxious 21 year old bitch. Haha...
I just want to say a big thank you to those who remembered my birthday and made an effort to message me.. it was very sweet of you guys to remember even though I didn't celebrate it this year.
M.A.C. at CK Tangs
I started baring my target at the counter already. I did not hit my daily once.. So pathetic. I feel so sad... As much as I'm loving every minute of my job, I'm beginning to feel the stress of hitting the monthly target.. sigh.
What I love about M.A.C is that the customers get to try on the colors on their faces before purchase.. I mean seriously which other counters do that for you? Most of the time the colors are tried on the hands.. RIGHT??
Anyway I cried on Saturday at work.. I was so close to exceeding my target for that day but because of an unfortunate event and 2 cheapskates, I lost it. I felt so cheated by this white woman and her chinese friend.. The white lady was fine but that chinese woman was a complete bitch. She was so damn anal about everything and kept challenging me. The story goes like this..
It was pretty crowded on Saturday plus Jean Paul Gaultier had some indoor roadshow which brought in the fishes. This white lady approached me wanting to get a blusher. I chose 2 colors for her and she took immediate liking to the color "Pinch me". She asked me to recommend eye shadows for her and I did. I used the latest Catherine Deneuve colors and cream base for her super dry eyes. I taught her how to use the 4 colors differently to achieve different looks. She was so please with my service. I on my part was glad that I could help and also close this sale.
During the demo, her chinese friend with her phony accent kept questioning me about the colors: " I don't think the colors will look good on her." or "are you sure these colors go? I don't think so." My god. I felt like killing her! In the end she had to swallow her words because she said that she was impressed by the results. She then said that she will buy the same items as her white friend if I can proof to her that the colors will look good on her too. After I showed her the different looks she was rather happy about it. She made comments like "Wow, I didn't know I'll look nice with these colors." She then agreed to make the purchase.
I was starving cos I had breakfast at 8 in the morning and it was already 4 plus 5. I was suppose to go for my lunch cum dinner break but I chose to serve the 2 ladies. As I was writing down the memo for their purchase, I felt that missing my lunch break was worth it. Reasons: I am about to close a $400 sale and I've shared with these ladies everyday techniques they can use for makeup.
When I was going to hand the payslip to the cashier, the white women told me that they didn't want the items anymore. They were going to get it from DFS cos it's tax free. She asked me to write down the products that I used on her including the brushes. At that moment I didn't know how to react. I did as I was told. After that I walked to that toilet and angry tears just started pouring out. I wiped my face and went back to the counter. I walked into the hidden room and drank water to calm myself down. My manager came in to talk to me together with my other colleagues. They saw what happened and tried to console me.
It was awful. I provided a service to those ladies and they did not appreciate it. The girls at DFS are not employed by M.A.C so they won't know how to teach the customers how to use the products. I didn't just teach them, I did a demonstration which took up more than an hour of my time. I could have serve other customers during that hour. I have learned my lesson. The next time I will only do the demonstration on one eye. Besides, to get demonstrations like this, a minimum purchase of $120 is required. Can you believe how cheap some people can get? I'm also very stupid for not knowing how to react. My colleagues have given me tips on how to handle these kinda of customers and I will put them to use in future.
Well, that was the worst experience so far.. the other customers were quite kind. I got a couple of nice ones who told me they love my service and attitude. :) I don't mind spending more time doing demos on those who are genuine about buying. Sigh, sometimes peoples' behaviour can get real ugly. It's back to work tomorrow. I'm still behind my target. If any of you out there want to purchase M.A.C. products or have friends that are mad about M.A.C, come to CK Tangs and look for me. Haha... And again I would like to emphasize that M.A.C. limited edition items make great gifts for birthdays, anniversaries and special ocassions.
God bless you all. :)
Sunday, February 12, 2006
3 comments
Comments:
haha.. yah but what can i do? sigh.. i'll take it as a lesson learnt.. sometimes learning to say no is a good thing.. i guess i have to work on that. :)
it was a pleasure metting u too.... it's nice to know that people read my little insignificant blog. :)
it was a pleasure metting u too.... it's nice to know that people read my little insignificant blog. :)
You really did suffer injustice Mel. *hugs* But at least you've learned and will know how to deal with such situations in the future. :)
Anywayyyy, I need purple eyeshadow! Will go look for you during lunchtime or after work soon. :)
Post a Comment
Anywayyyy, I need purple eyeshadow! Will go look for you during lunchtime or after work soon. :)


